Light and airy yet elegant, our Sewing Kit for The Rory Dress scores with a flared hem and midi length. Whether festive or casual, the DIY dress is a true all-rounder that you can reach for again and again. Our highlight? Definitely the flared sleeves. And don’t worry about the seam-covered zipper! In our video tutorial Juliana shows you step by step how easy it is! Everything you need to make the dress you will find in your sewing kit.
- high quality outer fabric in the right quantity
- matching interfacing for ironing on
- a seam-concealed zipper in the right length
- a presser foot for seam-concealed zippers for typical household sewing machines (deselectable)
- the paper sewing pattern
- Two spools of sustainable, recycled quality sewing thread in the matching color
- the JULIANA MARTEJEVS fabric label
- detailed video tutorial (German with English subtitles)
- access to a sewing machine with standard sewing needle (strength 80) and a normal standard zipper foot
- a paper and fabric scissors
- a hand sewing needle
You can sew the dress in sizes XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL or XXXL. Which one you sew, you decide when you cut the sewing pattern.
Find the perfect size for you simply by using our size chart. Measure your chest, waist and hip circumference and check the chart to see which size most closely matches your own measurements. For the Rory Dress, pay special attention to the chest measurement. Since the dress is flared, you won’t have to worry if your hip measurement is off.
|Dimensions in cm||XS||S||M||L||XL||XXL||XXXL|
You can find the video instructions for the pattern here. If you’ve never sewn before, watch our sewing machine basics video tutorial first. There you will learn about the components of a sewing machine and how to sew your first seam.
We love your custom JULIANA MARTEJEVS outfits and your creative combinations of your favorite pieces as much as seeing you in the fun process of making your JULIANA MARTEJEVS DIY pieces. For a chance to be featured on our Instagram channel or here, use the hashtag #JULIANAMARTEJEVSonME and tag @julianamartejevs_official on your photo.
Here you can view the full photo gallery with your best #JULIANAMARTEJEVSonME looks.
Studio: Photographer: Tivan Zarkand | Model: Jessie Wang
Outdoor: Photographer: Inken Weber | Model: Gianna Sammartano | Make-up artist: Melina Sprick