Create small memories, give something handmade as a gift or create it for yourself – with a lasting thought. These were things that kept coming up in our conversations with fashion blogger Franziska Albrecht, known as Frances. Based on her ideas, we have created a beautiful accessory for you – the headband pattern The Frances Headband. You can make the headband with a simple hand sewing technique or a sewing machine.
- Pattern for the hair band in German and English (as PDF download in DIN A4 and US Letter)
- Material list with fabric recommendation
- detailed video tutorial(German with English subtitles)
- Fabric, e.g. silk or linen: 15x80cm (6x31in)
- Foam with a thickness of 1.5cm (0.6in): 8x50cm (3x20in)
- color matching grosgrain ribbon
- a hairband base
- Hot glue or superglue
- matching sewing thread
- a hand sewing needle or a sewing machine with sewing machine needle suitable for the fabric thickness
Tip: We use a lightweight silk satin made of 100% silk with a weight of 75g/sqm for the Frances Headband.
You can find the video instructions for the pattern here. The headband can be made without a sewing machine with a simple hand sewing technique.
Check out our FAQs or write to us directly! We have the highest standards for our products – If something does not meet your expectations, please contact us and we will solve the issue together.
We love your custom JULIANA MARTEJEVS outfits and your creative combinations of your favorite pieces as much as seeing you in the fun making process of your JULIANA MARTEJEVS DIY pieces. For a chance to be featured on our Instagram channel or here, use the hashtag #JULIANAMARTEJEVSonME and tag @julianamartejevs_official on your photo.
Here you can view the full photo gallery with your best #JULIANAMARTEJEVSonME looks.
Photographer: Jana Merz | Model: Theresa Meschede | Make-up artist: Eleonore Ising